Old
  (#582)
kctopitz (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-04-2019, 10:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
@tivoboy,

I agree, the old data packages are greatly missed. Compared to the now present EU roam like at home rates, the old 1 GB for 20 GBP is a bad offer. But if you need the Toggle Sim and it is your only device, the old 1GB for 20 GBP is a not so bad offer, compared to the 15p per MB.

We are going to Spain on holidays on Friday and I played around a little bit with my toggle Simcard. If you use the webarchive or wayback machine to find the old toggle homepage with the codes to activate that 1GB package, it will work! Just did it...
Out of curiosity I looked into this and thought I'd share a screenshot of their May 2015 website (captured by archive.org) to save others the trouble:

https://imgur.com/a/XJBv8kh

Text summary (data in Toggle countries only, 30 day validity, automatically renewed unless canceled using *190#):

1GB for 20£ - To activate, *141*2000#
2GB for 30£ - To activate, *141*3000#
3GB for 40£ - To activate, *141*4000#

Quote:
Activating the Data Plan is simple,

Make sure you have enough credit in your account for your chosen value pack
Enter *141*plan code# Dial or just Text the plan code to 3536
To check Data Balance *137#
To cancel the auto renewal *190#
It's a shame that they haven't come out with newer and more reasonable data packages for Toggle countries, but I strongly get the impression that at this point, Toggle is kept alive by inertia only, and we should be grateful it hasn't shuttered. With that in mind, if anyone actually has 20£ or more of credit on a Toggle SIM, you might want to consider a "use it or lose it" approach.