View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
gforaker (Offline)

Default 23-01-2006, 03:30

Thanks Stan, but I think you are confusing me with the one who asked the question. My college student daughter HAS purchased a local prepaid sim in Lux and its working fine. Since she will be there 5 mo with other kids, many calls and text messages will be local. Callbackworld is working fine for her to call us. I just added that I was surprised for cbw to only charge the rate for a call to a land line in Lux ($.13) and not the listed rate to a cell phone. ($.20) She already has a sim card from Germany and DT we used last August which still has some money left in it and was previously registered with cbw. I don't think it expires until next month. She needs to use before then. We bought the unlocked triband (maybe quad) phone on Ebay last year and it has worked great for two trips.

Much of the time she will be in Germany will be with friends of the family and we can use a land line instead of her cell. It will be interesting to check though, if cbw is only charging the land line rate instead of the cell rate in Lux, I wonder if they will charge the higher rate in Germany.

When she travels outside of Luxemburg or Germany she can just use pay phones and 800 access numbers or the intenet.