View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 04-10-2010, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
but lets go back to the topic of good SIM cards for data in the UK...
Indeed! My experience has been that all UK networks have very similar coverage (ie, they work pretty much everywhere - there are no non-coverage areas as in the US and Canada) except for T-Mobile, which is a little bit weaker and has more congestion from the many MVNOs using it. But even that may soon change, as TMO and Orange are now the same company (in the UK, not anywhere else) and they will soon be sharing networks.

Me, I've been wit Virgin for a long time but will probably take my number to Vodafone the next time I'm in the UK.

One thing is, unless you do all your data on a smartphone that you also use for voice, you should consider the voice and data offers separately, and buy a separate data SIM for your USB stick, instead of trying to find an "all-rounder". As has been said many times here, SIMs are often free in the UK.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell