View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
Asick (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-12-2006, 12:00

This arguments about Heyah seem to be reasonable, but it's web activation is generally a problem for a foreigner. Just imagine, I arrive in Poland and buy a Heyah SIM. Then, I'm supposed to activate it's GPRS via WWW, right? HOW? Yes, I may use my laptop and my home SIM with GPRS roaming, but... how much the hell would it cost? Heyah's site is full with Macromedia Flash, which makes the activation to be very expensive from this point of view, also there's a problem with activation from mobile phones supporting WWW browsing (WWW but not Flash). So, I guess Heyah would be MUCH more interesting if they allow USSD activation. Yes, you may say just go to an Internet club and activate it there, well, it's not a good idea to be looking for such a place while you have no such a problem with a SIM from another operator.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the operators' sites and I still have some things that I'm not perfectly sure about (the rest is generally easy to understand).

1. What's the ERA APN? I've found it to be erainternettt for Internet/GPRS and Tak Tak tariff while it's different for other tariffs. Is it normal for ERA to have a separate APN for each tariff?

2. How to check the balance with ERA? It seems it's *101# but I'm not sure.

3. How to check the balance with Sami Swoi? *125# or *110# via their menu? I don't perfectly understand what *110# does and what for the menu is used. Also, where *105*20# does set English language, I mean in which place?

4. How to activate GPRS on iPlus Simdata? Isn't it preactivated in fact?

5. How should a foreigner buy a SIM in Poland? What is needed? Is it necessary to fill up a registration form, to show them your passport etc.?

MegaFon RU * MTS RU * Tele2 RU * BeeLine UA * TIM IT * Globul BG * Etisalat EG * TravelSIM * T-Mobile MNE * iPlus PL * TIM GR * Telsim TR