(#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 13-12-2006, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
10 EUR/MB - well, in such case any Polish SIM will be much better - even Simplus and Sami Swoi is 6.10 PLN/MB.
Yes, sure, so I'll buy any local SIM if I have no choice (arriving too late etc.). Is GPRS always preactivated on Polish SIMs or do I have to activate it manually? It would be no problem to do that if there's some info in the Polish manual attached to the SIM, but it would be a problem if I have to call the support. Do they write APNs and other settings in the manuals attached?
?
GPRS is preactivated on Orange, iPlus and Tak Tak. It can be turned on easily (via USSD) on Simplus and Sami Swoi. The worst problem is with Heyah because it requires activation either via www or via customer care (1 PLN/min ). GPRS configuration detailes are not listed in manuals (perhaps besides iPlus, but not sure at the moment). Anyway, I can prepare you details (anyway I should do this for PPGSM) but please tell me the deadline - I'm rather busy before Christmas . You may call the support of course, but AFAIK there's no English support in Heyah and Sami Swoi and no Russian (or any language other than Polish and English) in any network. Even if the employee knows other language, he/she is probably prohibited of using it by corporate regulations :P.

Quote:
Quote:
If you don't want to write Russian in the Latin alphabet there's a problem.
SMS in Russian with the Latin alphabet used were popular 5-6 years ago when many phones did not support Cyrillic and when long SMSes were not supported either (you can get only 70 chars/SMS using Unicode instead of 160 using Latin). Now... well, I can send SMS this way, but it would be a sort of bad style, especially when you write to a girl.
I see .

Quote:
Quote:
You're right about sending MMSes from Plus to Russia - it's impossible
How many networks does Plus support to send international MMS into?
Three : Voda Germany, O2 Czech and T-Mo Slovakia.