View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-03-2006, 06:00

Thanks to this forum, I now have a WIND SIM with the Mega No Limit GPRS.

Currently, I'm trying to test it here in Canada, but I'll be in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Czech and Switzerland over the next few weeks and hope to be able to use it there with my laptop.

I'm new to this, and I can't seem to get it to work here in Canada (Rogers network.) When I try I get an error on the phone regarding Invalid GPRS Settings.

My questions:
1. Do I use the GRPS settings of the country I am roaming in, or always use the WIND settings? (For example, on Rogers it is wapuser1/wap for the user/pass. I think I tried this and the WIND settings with no success.)

2. Do I need to set up additional profiles on my phone for each country? (I send up a WIND account on my SonyEriccson T200 under the Data Communications section, but it didn't seem to help. A Rogers one was there by default, as I used to use the phone with a Rogers SIM.) If so, is it okay to have multiple data profiles or should I delete them, leaving only the country I am in.)

Sorry for these very basic questions - I've tried searching the forums, and although I found all sorts of great information (such as the rates for using this card for GPRS roaming), I haven't been able to figure this out.

Thanks to anyone who can help me - I leave for Germany on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that I can use the GRPS when I get there.

Kelly.