View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
tcruiser (Offline)

Default My experience in Germany with Alditalk - 25-12-2007, 12:28

Just got back to the States from a week in Germany. I had a Medionmobile card which I purchased on ebay, which came with 10 euros of time. My phone automatically picked up all settings; I did make a call as recommended in other posts, but as I was already sending and receiving 3g data on the phone it really did not seem necessary.

One thing I noticed that the automatic APN setting was internet.e-plus.de; this setting did not work when I used the sim in my laptop card. For that to work I needed the APN recommended in other posts: internet.eplus.de. So maybe the dash is needed for phones and the other for laptop cards. That could be why some have experienced problems getting data on their phone. I have a Motorola Q9h which is usually a pain to set up but it worked flawlessly for this sim. I was on a Rhine River cruise and had 3G data in all ports except for one smaller town, but had a decent signal on the river and GPRS whenever 3G was not available. Really a good choice of card; many phone stores where it was possible to buy an e-plus top up, even though I have absolutely no German lanugage skills at all. I did notice that the card worked only in Germany; I got nothing in Switzerland, France or the Netherlands, and had to use my US Tmobile sim there. I have a passport plus world sim which I could not get to work anywhere on this trip so am kind of annoyed about that.