Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#393)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 31-03-2014, 15:59

Thanks Inquisitor for that very detailed reply. The particular problem I experienced was I was coming into the USA from Mexico where I had the "Roaming" profile selected (as they do not have a local IMSI option there). Understandibly (by your explanation) the phone did not register in the USA on this profile. I then put the phone to "Auto", thinking it would automatically change the IMSI to the USA one but this also did not work.. so the only thing left to do is manually select USA in the toolkit option. Out of habit now, I always my phone in manual and then manually select the required IMSI.

Interesting point about the Lycatel MVNO under each local IMSI. As a side thought, I wonder if calling any of the Toggle numbers are counted as Lycatel (LycaMobile) numbers in their current promotion of free calls to other Lycamobile numbers: http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8457
If so this could indeed be a very interesting extension to the Toggle roaming product. Has anybody got a normal LycaMobile SIM to try that out on?