View Single Post
Old
  (#110)
sbrian (Offline)

Default 19-03-2012, 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomelemental View Post
Thanks for that. Didn't work though, just got some text back saying I had 3.32 euro and 33 sms left, but no number.

I contacted ibiza2004 via ebay, a couple of days ago to ask how I can get my number, I am still waiting for a reply, the standard reply of 'call another phone' doesn't really cut it.
I am in same boat as randomelemental, except I do at least have my phone number. I turned off all cell data, inserted the SIM, and activated it with no problems. Once I got a signal (via T-Mobile) the French number appeared in my phone. (It's an iPhone 4S with the GSM Sim Unlocked for Foreign Carriers).

My problem is that I only have an available balance of 3.31 EUR, but I purchased the SIM + 25.00 EUR credit. I have managed to get my password and set up an account online with Orange : téléphones, forfaits, Internet, actualité, sport, video, and as near as I can tell, the only activity on the account was two charges on 07/03/2012 at 14:39...one is for an outgoing call for 0.220 EUR and one for "communication" for 1.472 EUR. That tells me that the original credit on the SIM was only 5.00 EUR. I'm assuming that this was part of the activation/registration process, but if the SIM had 25.00 EUR on it, then the remaining balance should be 23.31, non?

I've also contacted the ebay seller ibiza2004 and am waiting on a response, but that was two days ago. I just wonder if I'm overlooking something obvious. There was no scratch off card included with the sim. Also, while I have been able to access the #123# menu and can dial 224 (for which my French is way to insufficient), I am unable to dial 225 with any success.

Any suggestions, hints or solutions (beyond escalating to ebay complaints?)

I'm attaching a screenshot of my account activity (I hope...)
Name:  orangeaccount copy.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  91.9 KB