View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-03-2013, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
There are plenty more UK mainland mobile exchanges that are on par with or more expensive than those in the IoM, Guernsey and Jersey. Mundio and Telna are just a couple of examples.
I wonder if the regulated mobile termination rates do apply for those MVNOs. All the publications about British termination rates only mention O2, EE (formerly known as T-Mobile and Orange), Vodafone and 3, for which termination rates are set to fall dramatically to mere £0.0069/min next month (Ofcom | Regulated prices - end of page).
For a complete list of assigned area codes and other number ranges see http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/numbering/s7.xls
What I also find interesting is the fact, that many carriers charge calls to British mobile numbers depending on their prefixes despite the UK has had MNP for a decade or so. I heard of people who buy Vodafone SIM cards just to export the number to another operator, whose native numbers are often more expensive to call, in order to be reachable at lower costs for callers.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com