View Single Post
Old
  (#58)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-05-2018, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
I've requested a new simcard yesterday. Has anyone heard back from them after the request?

I am quite curious to know about the new platform they are changing to with direct dial. Any rumors or thoughts about that?

BK

PS: I've played around and tested a koko-mobile simcard for the last weeks. That is also a very pleasing service with data-packages worldwide...
I'm getting suspicious about Piranha. It has been a week since I ordered and there was no response other than an auto-response email they received my request. Nor is there any sim order pending on their website. Also they do not allow new customers to buy a sim card (error on click through). And no rates are posted for the new card. Plus a trouble ticket I posted 2 weeks earlier was never responded to (I managed to get the sim working again by toggling the roaming profile back and forth, but that only worked a few days until it went totally dead).

I have an upcoming trip to Bermuda in June, so I think I may order the KoKo Mobile card that you suggested. Rates are good in the US (I'm hoping it will work on T-Mobile as an alternate to my local H2O sim card that works on AT&T), plus the rates are reasonable in Canada and Bermuda(I'm coming back to the US via Toronto). Plus the CHF to USD exchange rate is reasonable so refills should not be a problem. Since KoKo is working for you, it's obviously not using Telna as the back-end. Have other options including VOIP, mifi data devices, and a satphone, but I want like a low-tech callback sim in the second sim slot of my phone for reliable voice and text messaging.

On the possibility of Piranha using direct dial, that would be a plus rather than having a callback and sometimes having to use a USSD dialing string. But there's the question of coverage and rates when they move to the new platform. But since no one is hearing anything from Piranha right now, I think I'll order the KoKo sim....

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype