View Single Post
Old
  (#13)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 29-10-2014, 09:30

I've transferred my Heyah number to Klucz Mobile - it was no trouble and is working fine. One thing I noticed was that when I called my Ukrainian mobile to test, the number that displayed wasn't mine - I'll try this again in a couple of days to see if this resolves itself (could be a temporary number due to the number porting, or it could have something to do with how Klucz is able to offer such low rates, by going through a wholesaler or something). Calling a Polish phone displayed the correct number.

If I interpreted the contract number correctly, it looks like about a thousand people have ported their numbers to Klucz already. I can only guess what that means about the overall size of the customer base.

It occurs to me that Klucz might also be an excellent choice for data in Poland. Even though its rates are not quite as good as T-Mobile's (30 zloty gets you 5 GB instead of 6 GB), the one-year expiration means no more messing around with having to top up frequently or buying a new SIM to replaced an expired one or paying 3 zloty a month to keep the line active.

And that list of retail outlets is very comprehensive - not to mention Ruch kiosks are everywhere. But I was surprised to see no outlets listed at some important "gateway" places like Słubice (on the German border) and Terespol (on the Belarusian one). At least Hrebenne (on the Ukrainian border) has two.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell