View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
alect (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Visiting Italy in June - 08-05-2011, 13:14

We are coming for a holiday in Italy - Venice, Tuscany, Rome.

We are in Italy total of 12 days.

we have Android (HTC Desire) phones and want to get local SIMs to use our phones in Italy (and Netherlands afterwards).

we are unlikely to need much voice calling time - we mainly want data for browsing, maps, etc.. and also VOIP for our existing VOIP lines in Australia and USA - for people to be calling us and us calling family and friends at home. I can also see us using the US VOIP line to call numbers in Italy while there if that's going to be close to paying the WIND local rates. If we get a WIND SIM but do not activate voice calling plan, do we still have an Italian mobile number in case someone in Italy wants to get in touch with us?

So in terms of data - if we want to use VOIP does that mean we should get for the Mega Unlimited? the Internet No Stop could work too but it seems that doesn't allow VOIP?

We're going to have Tablets with us which we would like to be able to tether to the phone. I guess the 100 hrs Plan could work - we're unlikely to be on data more than 10 hrs a day!!

Additionally, after italy we're going to Amsterdam for 3-4 days. I assume this isn't long enough to justify getting a Dutch SIM. If we continue using our WIND SIMs in Holland, do we just pay 0.90/MB as roaming rates? Any roaming plans they have we can use within EU?

Any other suggestions also appreciated.

Thanks