View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 22-08-2005, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA
As you know, I just come back from Greece where I had 3 wonderful weeks with Greek and Italian friends
[...]
I received the first call in the Adriatic sea, Wind sim card... a surprise! Why? Because on my ship (SuperFast) I had international roaming with SIMINN, a network from Iceland that has a special partnership with the greek float company Interesting thing that on SuperFast VI (Anconra-Igoumenitsa, 30th July) my Riiing didn't have roaming with SIMINN, also had at the return (SuperFast V Patra-Ancona, 17th August). Maybe they changed something...
Nice u r back

How much did you pay for that Adriatico-Icelandic roaming?
I ask because it's a special roaming ("GSM-On-Ships") that includes using a satellite link between the ship and the land.
I checked roaming tables of Polish ops for Siminn "GSM on Ships"
Plus: N/A
Idea: incoming 13,70 PLN + rate Poland-Iceland, outgoing - 15,76 PLN, SMS 3,94 PLN
Era: incoming 16,91 PLN + rate Poland-Iceland, outgoing - 26,54 PLN, SMS 4,26 PLN.
All rates include comission of Polish ops and 22% VAT, 1 PLN = 0,25 EUR (moreless),

This is also the answer why Riiing doesn't roam Siminn on the Adriatic Sea - because of pricing it should be the Riiing zone at least 11 or 12, not zone 1 as "true" Iceland . BTW, Idea's site shows that the network code for Siminn on Adriatic ferries is "274 01 gos" - I think it could be considered from the technical point of view as a "fake MVNO" of 274 01 with (technically somehow justified) horrible pricing....

And one more thing - prepaids in Era and Idea (the latter not clealy stated however) have no roaming with Siminn "GSM on Ships"....