View Single Post
Old
  (#394)
HappyCamp (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-03-2014, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Thanks Inquisitor for that very detailed reply. The particular problem I experienced was I was coming into the USA from Mexico where I had the "Roaming" profile selected (as they do not have a local IMSI option there). Understandibly (by your explanation) the phone did not register in the USA on this profile. I then put the phone to "Auto", thinking it would automatically change the IMSI to the USA one but this also did not work.. so the only thing left to do is manually select USA in the toolkit option. Out of habit now, I always my phone in manual and then manually select the required IMSI.
Auto works for me here in the US and everywhere else I have traveled. But it can take a long time, like 5-15 minutes before it finally registers. Once it has registered, if I turn the phone off and back on it seems to re-register faster.

T-Mobile $30 "Wal-mart plan". Unlimited data & text. 100 voice minutes per month.

Europe 2013 vacation:
Piranha-Mobile and Truphone plus the following
AT: T-Mobile, CZ: Tesco Mobile, DE: Lidl & Toggle Mobile, DK: Telia & Toggle Mobile, ES: Toggle Mobile, FR: Orange & Toggle Mobile, HU: T-Mobile, SE: Telenor & Toggle Mobile