View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
kctopitz (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 24-06-2018, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
It seems, that all Brands of NAKA give you the possibility to book additional country numbers, with Koko mobile, the first additional number is free of charge. In my case I have opted for a German mobile number. At the moment you can choose from the following countries: Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Switzerland (DID) and US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
Currently just using the Jersey number since most calls with this sim will be outgoing and adding a USA number would increase the USA incoming/outgoing voice call cost when the USA number is used (quoted as .09 CHF for the Jersey number and .16 CHF for a US number).
That it comes with an additional free number, which can be a US number, makes it more interesting, especially if incoming SMS are free on the US number, as there are very few prepaid SIMs available that have a US number with free incoming SMS: Truphone, Piranha which is in limbo right now, Toggle which changes your US # each month unless you pay, and LycaMobile US, which has very high international roaming rates.

GadgetKen, if you feel like testing out a US number, maybe you can confirm whether incoming SMS to it are in fact free while you're on your travels.

I'm kind of surprised that there's no mention of the free additional number on their website. it's a pretty big oversight by them.