View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 14-12-2007, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murch View Post
Unless you can confirm and guarantee which provider is the best for that region let us just try and exchange information. I think this is the real purpose of this thread.
If you don't understand this whole thread - why bother? We do.
There are plenty of providers of SIMs intended for cheap global roaming, and already plenty of discussion already on here about them.

Of course you are interested in finding ways to save money in the places you travel to, and will want to ask for advice about that, but there is no need to suggest that other people don't understand the real purpose of this thread, which until now was about a hitherto unknown brand, and what could be found out about it.

Like several of the resellers of some IoM SIMs, it doesn't seem to have updated all of its webpages at the same time, and it is common on others to find new remarks about replacement SIM cards, but the instructions tariffs and FAQs seem to be describing the old one. Clues to the old one will be 154 for Customer Services, 102... for call forwarding, 103 to cancel it, and 187 for balance query.

It may be that their newer SIMs will also have 154 for CS, but despite that the Cloud9 network will probably have +4479245 or ~6 numbers in the Isle of Man itself, I think that these SIMs will have the Wire9 prefix +4478722, which adds to the suggestion that their Network Guide on the website is not new. Well, of course you should get newer instructions when the product arrives.

While old information is still there though, I would be slightly hesitant to make a lot of assumptions about the new one, including tariffs. Wire9 claim to have more roaming agreements than the brands resident on Manx Telecom, and it will be interesting to find out more about that, but I'll be quite surprised if you have free incoming calls in India for example.