View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
kaydee (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 01-06-2007, 19:02

It would be nice if carriers would realize that tourists sometimes use their services! You can register by phone or on-line, but it is entirely in German. I managed to register on-line.

Even when you top up your balance, you have to understand German - you would think it would be as simple as entering the necessary numbers, but it seems you also have to press 1 a few times in response to questions to make it work.

Fortunately, I was able to ask someone to help me with it. It made me realize that something as simple as using a phone, isn't always that simple.

Sorry that your experience was so poor - now that it has been activated, it works very well. GPRS works fairly well, the UMTS is great where available, and the data is very inexpensive.

Kelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustabmo View Post
For the records...

I've just returned from Germany.

Got there last friday, bought an Aldi-Talk GSM card. It didn't work but I was busy through the day and only at night realized I had to fax-in a registration form.

Sent the form on saturday early morning.

By Tue evening when I boarded back to my country the card was still not working. Monday was a holiday which would explain a part of the problem, but the fact is that for me that card was EUR 15 thrown in the trash bin...

Gustavo