View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-12-2005, 15:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531
Well high international rates are what keep Enlinea and callbackworld in business...and another important question I always have with any sim is
As well as direct dial or calling cards businesses ... Yes, I know all this but here I wonder why there is no effect of competition on imternational rates from German sims...

Quote:
1. The ability to set voice menus (as opposed to phone menus) to English, one of the reason, despite the higher rates, I keep my Vodafone DE sim...
Yes, it's very important and I don't think it's very expensive for service providers to add such a feature. But I think that the reason of implementing voice prompts in local language(s) only may be very simple - to discourage foreigners from buying such a SIM and to rip off them on roaming.

Quote:
2. The ability to make calls into long distance cards...of course with lower internal rates that makes this a very desirable way to make international calls....
You mean issues like e.g. restricted availability and costs of 00800 numbers in Poland what I said about in http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/index.php?showforum=5 ?

OT. The two issues you mentioned are not satisfied by any prepaid SIM in Poland . 00800 and (some, not all) 0800 numbers can be accessed from Orange SIMs only.
But Polish Orange prepaid SIMs have voice prompts in Polish only (but before rebranding they had - in English and German!). And voice menus are the only way to turn on/off voicemail and CLIR. Prompts in VM can be set to English anyway, but it requires registering the SIM on the Polish-only website, and can be done only through this website! :P