View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default Paytoo/Yackie email received asking where to send sim card - 13-04-2010, 06:21

Just got an email from Yackie/Paytoo asking to confirm my name, address, contact phone number, email address and 2 backup password reminders.
They are mailing out replacement sim cards with remaining Yackie balances on them.
It's encouraging that they are honoring the old Yackie balances after all these months, but I'll need to actually receive a usable sim card with the balance to really believe it.

Some interesting things on this offer:

1. Netherlands based sim card. Wonder who the backbone carrier is?
2. Some interesting rates for Caribbean to USA in $USD (my primary interest)
Bermuda: .165
St. Kitts/Nevis: .435
Antigua: .255
Netherlands Antilles: 1.05
Cuba: 2.58
also USA to USA is .585 and Canada to US is 1.53
Bermuda, Antigua, St. Kitts/Nevis, and Antigua are very competitively priced (Bermuda is even less than my Digicel Bermuda card).
Visiting Bermuda end of May to mid June and can confirm rates there then. Will put my Digicel Bermuda card in one slot and the Paytoo sim in the other and compare the two on price, reliability and voice quality.
3. Data is available in some countries.
4. Prepaid MC is not of much use to me (I have regular credit/debit/ATM cards already that offer more perks and without monthly or transaction fees associated with this card). I suppose the direct micro-payment system might be useful to work a cellular enabled vending machine so you don't have to fish for spare change though.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype