View Single Post
Old
  (#18)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-04-2014, 12:20

Hello everybody. I just thought I would reawaken this oldish thread as my current multi-handset setup used to work perfectly well up until a few days ago when a rather unfortunate incident of a bottle breaking in my bag left one of those phones covered in rather nice brandy and rather dead!

Has anyone got any recent experiences with any half-decent dual-SIM or triple-SIM android phones?

In the dual-SIM world, I have been particularly looking at the Zopo C3 and how it weighs up against the C2 that Inquisitor has already reviewed above. I am not sure if it is worth the extra money though.

I still like the look of the Zopo C2 and see that it is currently around £168 = 200 Euros (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FS99CT8) As far as I can tell, these now come with normal Android and not the Alyiun OS. However, it is a bit confusing as the title of that product suggests 1.2 Ghz quad processor and later in the spec it says 1.5. Then there is the Zopo C2 Platinum which costs a bit more and has same spec again.
So confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
[list][*]Zopo C2/ZP980
The Zopo ZP980 and C2 share identical hardware, but the later comes with Alyiun OS, a Chinese fork-off of Android, preinstalled which makes it slightly cheaper due to subsidies
+ 5" 1080p IPS screen
+ MTK6589(T) quadcore CPU with up to 1.5 GHz (other versions come with 1.2 GHz)
+ up to 2GB RAM/32 GB ROM (other versions come with 1GB/16GB or 1GB/4GB)
+ microSD slot
+ neat iPhonish design
+ UMTS support for both SIM cards
+ changeable battery
- limited UMTS frequencies and odd frequency combination (850 & 2100 MHz)

Last edited by petkow; 11-04-2014 at 12:37..