Thread: Gt-sim ?
View Single Post
Old
  (#127)
oneworldtech (Offline)

Default 22-02-2006, 08:59

That does look like a great idea, however I found another company that offers free incoming calls while roaming anywhere in Europe. Although it comes with a UK number, I can still use it and receive calls anywhere in Europe for Free, and also receive calls around the world for around $0.15 per minute, which works out to be ?0.08p per minute.

I used to use a product called Mint for years then found other cheaper roaming services like United Mobile. However none really gave me a service I could use to receive calls on, simply because giving out the number was too expensive.

I then came across a product called Callblue Gsm (http://www.callblue.com/); they offer a UK Mobile number which was great as now I could give this out to everyone I needed to call me.

What I found about callblue is:

It is part of a large Canadian firm, which seem to be big in telecoms, the company also offers VOIP products, switching solutions for corporate businesses and now mobile phone service. They say that they are also working towards offering UK landline service shortly.

I also noticed that calls in UK are free even though it is a isle of man product, i.e. people who were on a cross network plan with their uk mobile operators could call me and not get charged.

when using my existing Orange Mobile from the UK while roaming, I noticed my monthly bills were around ?500 per month, now they are a fraction of that. 

From France I paid $0.43 per minute to call the UK which worked out to be around 22p per minute which was something compared to my existing Orange calls of ?1.50 per minute.

I think I will stick to this, as having a uk number really helps out.