Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#397)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-04-2014, 08:29

While using my toggle SIM in Germany using its local IMSI yesterday, I could not connect to the voice mailbox by dialing the short code 121, as this failed with the announcement that "the number is invalid".
Dialing the long number (+44 7438 646121) did however work. Obviously the short code (121) does not work in Germany.

EDIT: Customer service has just informed me that short codes won't work outside the UK. It's not very far-seeing to store the short code instead of the full international number on their SIM cards and to include only the short code in voicemail notifications, especially not for a product that is addressing frequent travellers.

Anyway I would prefer if we could completeley disable voicemail.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 03-04-2014 at 09:04..