View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
stevenjeff (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Daughter leaves for Ecuador 5-27-07 - 26-05-2007, 21:16

Ok this is it everybody- She leaves on a flight out of Cleveland (12 noon) - Chicago then Chicago to Quito Ecuador. Arrival time is 10pm EST to Quito. She will be picked up at the airport by school personnel.

I bought her a 09 internation sim and have been using it in the states. Works great. Phone is a Motorola C139 unlocked.

She has a T-Mobile sim in it now that will work in the US Only . She has been told to take that out once she is inflight to Ecuador.

When she lands I will know by going online direct to Quito Airport for arrival status.

The 09 card info on the PrePaid site is not up to date: Rates are .60 euro for out calls and .49 for sms. all incoming are free both voice and sms.

I told here to buy a local sim as soon as she leaves Customs. Just buy a 10.00 one then something more once she is with her host family.

I plan on calling her using 09 once she lands.
I also explain the call back feature to her to contact friends if she wanted to
not sure on how it will work.
Call back is with the service of: UWT ( United World Telecom) rate .5usd permin.

I am going to keep you all up to date on a day by day log. Not sure on the blog thing. I will be giving you all info on the 09 card and local card, and call back, cost of calls, etc , and my concerns with family members out of the country.

Thank you alll: Steve Jefferies.