View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
SIMCollector (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 17-10-2009, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmonsi View Post
Do AIS have international roaming like DTAC? I got a happy sim and its fine .Norway's Telenor group has the major share in DTAC. Recently Telenor has aquired business in Indian with a major share in Unitech Wireless and has re-branded into uninor!
Yep Telenor holds an indirect position in DTAC ( Telenor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). The senior people in DTAC are predominantly foreigners and have Scandanavian looking names. I think they have interests in quite a few of the operators in the SEA region. Or some other co does. There is actually a Happy Pre-paid brand in Malaysia, which I dont have. And there is a way if transferring credit from some/one of the Malaysian pre-paid operators to operators in several of the SEA countries and India, I recall. But I'm not ceratin if Telenor is behind this. I think it is either Happy or Digi in Malaysi that has the details on their website. This came about in Malaysia as there are many expats from Asian countries working in Malaysia and it enables them to fund their families to call them, if they need to.

Hah - just did a search and Digi and Happy in Malaysia are the same company :

Telenor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More details here :

DTAC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by SIMCollector; 17-10-2009 at 17:49..