Old
  (#3)
EllasDevil (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-02-2006, 22:35

I've actually blogged on this very topic:

====> Check out my blog by clicking here <=====

This story basically can be simplified to:

Vodafone Greece found the software in March 2005. They think it was there for approx one year but can't prove it ever really worked. They called in technicians from Vodafone Global. They stored the software for evidence purposes and then removed it. They also notified the Greek government.

The pro opposition newspaper Ta Nea got hold of the story this week and are basically using it to say "look how secure you are in Greece".

The Greek media went into a frenzy, practically camped outside Vodafone's offices in Halandri and have dedicated most of their one hour bulitians to this story. Other world stories such as a ship that sank and embassys being burnt were ignored.

The media are trying to link the suicide to this case. Vodafone Greece have released a press statement to say this is not the case and actually urge people to have more respect for the dead.

The media also mentioned a guy who worked at Vodafone who died in a "crime of passion" in 2003. A year before any of this started.

The only investigation that needs to be made really, in my opinion is why the hell has this become a big deal now? They knew about it in March 2005 so really, February 2006 is a little late for the government to start promising investigations.

Vodafone Greece however, reported it immediately, saved the software and have provided all assistance to the authorities.