Thread: Lidl
View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
sternem (Offline)

Default 08-09-2011, 20:36

inquisitor, thanks for the excellent information you've been providing in the forum and the pages you've written. Definitely helps visitors to DE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Have you considered buying a Lidl mobile SIM? Lidl mobile is a tariff offered in Lidl supermarkets (which btw are coming to Canada in 2012) but realized by Fonic and identical to Fonic in service and tariffs except for the cheaper data rates. They have a monthly flatrate (with bandwidth throttling after 5GB) for just € 14.99/month. In contrast Fonic throttle bandwidth if you exceed 500MB per day (for the rest of the day) or 5GB per month (for the rest of the month), whichever applies earlier.
This sounds like exactly what I need. I'll be in Berlin starting Oct 9 for 1.5 weeks and then Praha for another half week. Would LIDL support data into CZ at this rate or would there be an additional data usage roaming fee in Praha?

Another question. In comparing Fonic with Lidl, you mention that Fonic throttles after 500MB. The page you created for Lidl in English also mentions the same throttling. In fact it looks like the only different between the data betwen Fonic and Lidl is the monthly tariff of € 25 for Fonic versus € 14.99 for Lidl. Can you help clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
send it including insured shipping to Canada and PayPal fees to you for € 9.25.
.... Note that the promotional price of € 5 including € 10 of initial credit (+ €5 bonus credit if you fill in another Lidl customer's number upon activation) ends on September 10th.
I would be interested if you could this for me. Hopefully we can make arrangements before the 10th . I want to have the € 14.99 data option, but I think I would need to activate this myself because my trip will last until October 21 in Praha. Is this correct?