View Single Post
Old
  (#25)
fuxoft (Offline)

Default 04-04-2010, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Yes, but it would be cheaper to buy a Fonic SIM, since with Vodafone you would need to buy a 7-day-session for € 9.95, while Fonic will charge only € 2.50/day, so for your stay it would only cost € 7.50.
Further with Fonic you can call home to the Czech Republic and to the rest of the EU for just € 0.09/min (landlines) or € 0.29/min (mobiles). Details on Fonic are available at Germany - Fonic - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access
Please be aware, that with Fonic you will need to call customer care and ask them to switch your data tariff to "Tagesflat".
Thank you, I didn't know about Fonic!

Again, the call-rates are non-issue because I'll really only be using Internet. The more important question is: What is the signal quality of Vodafone vs. Fonic? I'll spend most of those 3 days on the highway or in smaller cities. I don't need FAST internet, I need RELIABLE internet.

Also, I need to use the card as soon as I cross the border from the Czech Republic and buy it in the first larger German city (Dresden, probably). How fast is "switching to Tagesflat"? Don't I have to wait several hours for it to take effect?