View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-09-2014, 07:27

I agree with inquisitor, with some corrections and remarks:

ALDI talk: starter set is still 12.99 EUR (not 14.99 EUR) with 10 EUR credit.
Surely, the better solution if you are willing to use VoIP for your Romanian calls.

Lycamobile is very popular on the ethno market. But it has a lot of loopholes, catches and changes prices frequently.

I give you an example:
The promotional rate with 1 ct/min (plus connection fee) to Romanian mobile lines is advertised and added in fine print: "Customers should opt-in by texting SPAR AN to 2525 to be eligible to get the below special rates. Opt-in save promotional tariff is valid 31.08.2014. Check our standard rates.

See here for promotional tariif and fine printhttp://www.lycamobile.de/en/internationalrates
and here for standard rate: http://www.lycamobile.de/sysimages/e...d_Rates_DE.pdf.
In the German version of the website it becomes clear the promotion ran out end of August: Das Angebot Spartarif ist gültig bis zum 31.08.2014. So probably they charge you their standard rate of 5 ct/min + 15 ct for connection by now, even if they still advertise the 1 ct/min on their website. The way they hide the expiry date of the promotion in small print and feature the (probably run out) promotion in big letters is against all marketing rules and pretty disgusting. Or they just extended the offer and forgot to update their website. Who knows?

I mean this is a (British) company who mainly appeals to foreigners. And it takes me a lot of puzzeling what the rates really are. How can somebody not familiar with German or English not be fooled by them. You see, i'm really not too convinced by Lycamobile, as they are frequently doing things like this, but a lot of people from the Balcans are using it. Anyway, still you have to do a lot of mathematics to find out the right package.

Last edited by wolfbln; 08-09-2014 at 08:01..