View Single Post
Old
  (#23)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 12-03-2008, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by saren View Post
Yes, I will eventually visit Poland (but Scanadanvia is next).

The card is here,
http://www.comfi.com/Phone-Card/Chopin

it has toll-free numbers in many countries, including Poland. The following number can be called countrywide using a payphone (or at least that's what it's supposed to do). 00-800-111-4553.
That's what I supposed. 00-800 numbers are not free in Poland. They are charged "per call" from landlines and "per minute" from Orange SIMs (not available from other local SIMs). To call such numbers from payphones you must have a chip payphone card and the call will cost one "billing unit" per call. I also suppose that those 00-800 payment rules won't change by the time you arrive here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saren View Post
The only part I don't like is the payphone surcharge per call (99UScents), and the outgoing rate to mobiles (20p/minute), but remember it's billed by the second (or that's what they advertise).

I bought this phone card in vain until I heard about the ASDA SIm card in the UK. I will purchase the SIM, and not use this card (except for when my cellphone doesnt work), but then I will still have my VOIP software (via net), so I don't know if I will ever use this card.
Well, it seems that using this card for national calls in Poland simply makes no sense. At the current exchange rate, if you get ANY Polish SIM, you'll pay AT MOST about 35 US cents/min to any national landline or mobile number with per-second billing and without any per call surcharge.