View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
eieio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-08-2007, 20:40

Hi Mr./Ms. Snidely: thx for your info/guidance.

i use the blackberry pearl. is there a way to get a Tmobile phone that does this wifi at home thing AS WELL AS continue to use my blackberry pearl? i suspect the answer is no because they would use 2 SIM cards and they would have different numbers, right?

i just signed up for $10 and called with the onesuite and it was good. i used their zip dial and their memory thing and just dialed a 2 digit number for my frequently dialed international numbers.

any other advice?

thx!

PS: oh, btw, i'll be in Canada during end of August/early Sept, this Onesuite "local number" or toll free dialing is really going to help me call internationally as well as calling from Canada BACK to the USA. i'm beginning to think that this onesuite thing is like the greatest calling card invented thus far! am i overly enthusiastic? do the access numbers ring busy sometimes? that would be so frustrating...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Many of us on this forum have used onesuite. I've used them for 3+ years. No problem. Btw, did you know that many credit card companies will let you go online and you can get a virtual credit card number and set a max. limit. That way you can give out a number and not be afraid some one would steal the number and abuse it. If you set a $20 limit on the card, that's all that can be charged. You can even put your own expiration date (I think like a week, month etc.).
Since you have T-M, you might consider using their new Hotspot@home service. IF you are going to be at a place w. wifi (a home or some public places) you can make and receive calls as though you were in the U.S. I have used it overseas, as have others posting here. (S. Korea seems to be a problem.) Downside is you would have to get a phone from T-M that works w. this service. You don't have to subscribe to the $9.99 add-on for unlimited calling to make use of this.

...mike

Last edited by eieio; 10-08-2007 at 05:46..