Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#353)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-11-2013, 00:29

On my C2-00 (V03.99), when manually selecting a new IMSI on the SIM, the phone initially crashed as well. However since some time, this crashing stopped. Now I can switch IMSIs just normally. I don't know whether this has to do with an OTA update of the SIM, adding/removing local numbers or simply with the fact that since I had to change my SIMs to micro SIM format, I can only use one SIM in the phone.

Nevertheless I normally keep IMSI selected manually. Using automatic mode causes the phone to be disconnected from the network for longer time after passing through a spot without the coverage. It seems like the phone is going through a long procedure before returning to the IMSI valid for the location. Also the initial registration may take more than 10 minutes.

When a toggle SIM is in an Android phone where the current IMSI in use can be displayed, one can observe the phone cycling through all the IMSIs available on the SIM. There is certainly no UK/US network coverage in Germany that would be necessary to reach those IMSIs in the way inquisitor described it.