View Single Post
Old
  (#56)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 16-05-2009, 03:04

Since this morning the website problem has been solved and the card activated.

They have a country-by-country activate/deactivate list which seems pretty handy. If your kid tells you he's going to UK you can make sure it won't work when he makes a side trip to Amsterdam.

There are a number of configuration options, including voicemail delivery by e-mail and ring-time before voicemail. You can also configure what shows for your caller ID when you make outgoing calls. When you call the number you get a recording which says, "Wait while we locate..." There's a configuration to turn this off and on, but I don't understand why one setting is better than the other.

Once you get the account, you also get access to their dial-through long-distance/international calling service. I've configured all our phones in case I decide to use it.

Still no SMS. It does not send and does not receive on the the US number. I have no idea about the Israeli number (which I was not provided). I have also not been able to get the inbound SIP address to work. I'm calling 1786363XXXX@voip.telnamobile.com. I'll talk with them about that another day.