View Single Post
Old
  (#274)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-09-2013, 04:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfranzq View Post
Did you have any choice of what your area code which was assigned?
201 seems to be the only area code so far; there is no choice, same as the other Toggle countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
No US carriers offer free incoming calls, unless as part of an unlimited calling package.

Although the website is not specific on this, presumably incoming calls on the US number are free. I can't imagine this will last, particularly as there are also free incoming calls in many other countries - there is virtually no revenue (and perhaps negative revenue) in charging nothing for an incoming call to the US number and then allowing me to answer the call for free while roaming in France.
It is working as advertised here in Europe. Incoming calls on the US number are received for free here.

People said the same thing about Switzerland, where 95% of the operators are charging between 25c and 50c per minute (most are at ~30c/min), even for calls to landlines... Toggle is charging 3p/min for landline and 9p/min for mobile and they are using the best (and most expensive) network in Switzerland: Swisscom. For how long has Switzerland been a Toggle country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
I will make some test calls tomorrow when I am at work where my Toggle SIM is located.
It would be nice if you could confirm if it is the same when receiving calls in the US too (although I don't have any doubts, as per the web site).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I'm just waiting for the US to become a Toggle country.
The US is a Toggle country now, with the same rates as the UK (within US & US to UK & UK to US: 3p/min landline, 3p/min mobile, 9p SMS, 15p/mb data - to other Toggle countries: same rates for landline & SMS but 9p/min mobile - From other Toggle countries to US & UK: 3p/min mobile & landlines). Check the web site.

Last edited by MBK; 09-09-2013 at 04:43..