View Single Post
Old
  (#21)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-06-2017, 16:50

The extra rules were applied to me one or two years ago, when I bought my last Tuenti SIM in a store.
I later asked the customer support and they confirmed this. So it seemed to be official policy. That's different to that poor American guy who was charged €55 for a Vodafone CallYa 1GB starter in a downtown Berlin branded Vodafone store. This starter costs €10 for every human being in Germany and Vodafone was furious when I told them.

With Tuenti in Spain it's essentially only a problem when you want to stay with them for one month only. When you stay for longer, it's no issue as you can still use your credit. I think they are only fed up with the 1-month-tourists who come and go.

I don't know if they have revised their rules again and would like to hear some feedback from new foreign Tuenti users what they have experienced buying a starter in a store. As this policy is surely against EU regulations not to discriminate against other EU citizens. As you see above, EU customer protection doesn't apply to Americans

So if you've got a Tuenti SIM in a store, tell me. They are sold not only in some Movistar stores, but in the larger FNAC, El Corte Inglés, Telecor and in MediaMarkt/Saturn stores too. Here is a locator:
https://www.tuenti.com/movil/puntos-de-venta

Also have in mind that the summer triple data promotion ends 26/09/17 (that's 09/26/17 for US Americans) and from that date on only regular rates will be charged on new bonos (bundles).

Last edited by wolfbln; 26-06-2017 at 17:14..