View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-06-2014, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by naco View Post
I think the website for gprs/umts/hsdpa coverage has not been updated for years!
I have no direct experience about hspa/LTE coverage in Amalfi, but i know for sure that the base station which covers Amalfi has HSPA. There should also be a micro site in Atrani with edge only.
I have no information about LTE, but the LTE coverage website should be reliable.
Well there was 3G in Amalfi but depending on where you were, the signal would drop off. Guess it's the high cliffs above these coastal towns. Took the bus from Amalfi to Salerno and the signal would drop in and out as you turned in and out of various little bays or coves.

Salerno around the port and train station had solid 3G coverage, no LTE.

On the ferry from Amalfi to Capri, the signal would drop to EDGE, especially well west of Positano, since that area is not as populated.

Capri has good signal near the center of Capri and Anacapri towns, drops off as you go towards the edges of the island, for instance the Faro in the SW tip.

Will see if LTE is to be found in Rome.

So far, the TIM coverage maps for the Amalfi Coast haven't proved to be reliable.