View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 31-10-2010, 16:08

Have a read through the various threads on Spain on here. The Vodafone deal isn't very good value for money at all. 30 Euros for 1Gig?? Remember the speed when you have passed the 1GB is pretty unworkable.

Unfortunately I am not hugely updated, and do not have the time to start deal hunting now. However, rather than using Vodafone or Movistar, I would rather pick up a Simyo, Masmovil or Blau card once you are here. You can get these at various retailers, notably "The Phone House" (Spanish equivalent of the Carphonewarehouse). Another option is the Carrefour SIM, which one member (Drama Queen) raved on about recently here on the forum. The good thing with those is that you can pick these up in any Carrefour store, include its many affiliates. More details on their website. There will be a couple of hundred shops on Teneriffe where you could get one of these. On Carrefour, the access charge works out at 1Euro per day. That's less than a quarter of what Vodafone are charging. However, note that if you plan on keeping the SIM for your next trip, it will probably be just better getting a new one then, as the monthly minimum charge realistically makes these sort of SIM's a one-time affair! Just use and throw!

Sorry I cannot really help more at the moment. I am stuck on a really slow internet connection for the next couple of days which makes browsing a pain.