View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
Javalio (Offline)

Default Austria Prepaid for a month - 09-07-2007, 08:22

Hi all,

I have been keeping tabs on this forum for awhile, but never posted.

I am going to Austria in August and I am wondering what is the best, and least expensive prepaid service.

My professor said that she will take us straight to a t-mobile store for us to purchase new phones, but I am looking for the best rates for a number of things.

I have been trying to understand the sites, but I dont speak or read German so the language barrier is a bit tricky to cross.

I already have an unlocked w810i, but wouldn't mind picking up a cool phone I cant get in the states and hopefully unlocking it.

Mainly i will be texting and calling in country, and texting back to america and infrequently or in emergencies calling on my cell to the us. I will be using skype for those long calls when needed. Data might also be nice for e-mail and news/what have you.

Also, my w810i, and im sure most mobiles, have the ability to text to e-mail. Will this work on these networks, as it would save myself and my friends back home lots of money to send text as email through carrier gateways. I figure Europe is more advanced with mobile technology so that should be an option.

Thanks

J