View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
drama queen (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-02-2012, 00:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by f300 View Post
Thanks a lot for the answer, first Vodafone shop wanted 20 euro for the card (10 euro card, 10 euro credit) and I thought 20 euros for what was in the end only half a day around the city was totally not worth it.
We really need some kind of acceptable (at least) EU-wide roaming data plan, I'm getting too old for these games. And Ireland is one of the "good" countries with plenty of good data plans and without any paperwork for the prepaid SIMs...
You could have got a free Voice/Data SIM from Meteor and topped up with the minimum €5 top-up. 69c would have given you 50MBytes per day with the rest of your €5 left for voice/text. You would then have had a Meteor SIM to use for free incoming voice roaming anywhere in Europe. Alternatively, you could have got a Meteor data-only SIM with 1-day pass for €2.99.

I wish I could find deals like this when I travel outside Ireland for short trips. It is not easy to get deals as cheap as this in most other countries. I agree with you - that we need a better solution for cheap data roaming across Europe.