View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-03-2010, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveRo View Post
The prepaid form has to be completed by someone buying a phone mail order and handed to the courier. So if Wind and Cosmote sell phones that way they must have an equivalent available somewhere.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to me highly improbable than you can register your prepaid SIM by handing the necessary documents to a courier. The law and the announcements of all three mobile operators (including Vodafone) are very clear that you need to be physically present (or someone else authorized by you) in one of their stores, in order to register your prepaid card.

Regarding the documents, the first one (res14851.pdf) is addressed to the National Telecommunication Regulator and includes only your personal details without opt-ins/outs to phone directories or advertising promotions.

The second one (res14959.pdf) is for Vodafone and includes the opt-ins/outs. On the "Phone Directory Data", just tick the first box if you don't want to include your number to the phone directories. If you tick that box, you also need to tick one of the two boxes below that. Those two boxes ask if you agree to communicate your personal data to the emergency services, in case that you place an emergency call from your mobile (i.e. to 112). If you want to communicate your data, tick the left box ("I wish") or if not, the right box ("I don't wish").

The "Use of Personal Data for Advertising Promotions" field, it's quite a strange field that I've never noticed before. It's also rather strange that is to be completed only by prepaid subscribers. One way or another, there are no boxes to tick on that field, only a place to add your signature, which is not mandatory. If you sign on the right of that field, you consent to use your data. I suggest not to sign there since you don't want that, just add your signature on the very bottom right of the form which is the only place that your signature is required.