View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-10-2013, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlifter View Post
I have been a T-Mobile subscriber for many years. MY problem with this is how do you get a client to call you if they have to make a long distance call if you are in the same country. I usually have a driver, and I would never let him call me long distance if I had gotten his vm. I personally will stick with local sim cards. I find it a lot easier to deal with.
What could be easier, on your end, than simply using your phone "on the road" just like you do at home?
Stu seemed to mention there is some outfit that will sell? rent? you a foreign number to use that would forward to your home SIM. I am waiting for him to reply to a question about this. Sure would be easier than dealing with prepaid cards - and you just carry your home phone. Your problem would affect very few users. Calling a U.S. number is cheap for most people and they are used to doing it. There is no surcharge for calling a U.S. cell. There is for calling a cell in the caller's home country! The bottom line, the caller could probably call your U.S. number cheaper than calling a cell in his home country.
Of course for business appearances, having a local number might be the way to go. You could still use your TM SIM for outgoing calls, texts, and data (email). Just use your local SIM for incoming. No cost to you!

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.