View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
scirocco (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 09-02-2012, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba.g View Post
I kind of assumed this isn't any solution - you are cheaper off buying a new sim card every time you are in France.
It's really only 10 euros for the year to keep the number alive. Only the first 10 euro recharge (after six months away) is wasted. If you do the second of the 10 euro recharges just before you return to France you can use the credit for calls, internet etc. Perfect for yearly travellers like the OP (and myself).

With a new card you are paying for the new SIM. You have to visit an Orange store, present identification, activate afresh and do all the normal waiting for 48 hours for internet access etc. Not to mention the new number.

The whole recharge process can be done from outside France using the codes on the vouchers via the #123 menu on the phone (it's free). You can also activate the Internet and Mail options at the same time, a few days before you arrive back in France so they are available immediately on arrival. And everyone can contact you on the same number as last year. Just buy two more 10 euro vouchers to cover the next 12 months, before you leave the country. Unused vouchers last a long time, a couple of years I think.

Last edited by scirocco; 09-02-2012 at 09:25..