View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-03-2010, 23:09

I think solomo pro is the way to go:

UK landlines: € 0.09/min (humiliatingly they list the UK as "England" in their price list)
UK mobiles: € 0.29/min

DE landlines: € 0.06/min
DE mobiles: € 0.10/min

texting nationally and internationally: € 0.13/SMS

data: € 0.24/MB billed in 10KB-increments
solomo to solomo calls: € 0.03/min
vaildity: 13 months after last recharge

An advantage over all other German prepaid tariffs is, that solomo bills in seconds after the first minute ("60/1").

Solomo is only available online and can be recharged by credit card. The price for the SIM card ist € 14.95 incl. shipping and € 10 of initial credit and if you order through this link we would both get a bonus credit of €5 each.

Besides Germany they deliver to Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland and Spain but unfortunatley not to "England".

But of course I would help you to get a SIM, as I would for any other loyal fellow forum member - check your PM!

Depending on how much texts you intend to send you may consider registering for some VoIP-service from Betamax (e.g. poivy.com, justvoip.com, voipbuster.com), for which there is a Java Midlet (available at http://gsm.voipbuster.com) allowing texting to the UK for ~ € 0.04 (prices vary among the different Betamax brands) + ~ € 0.005 for the data traffic. Alternatively you can send SMS also from their website or through their PC software. You can set any phone number as sender ID, after verifying your number(s) by providing a code sent by SMS to the corresponding phone number.
Besides cheap texting those brands offer very cheap worldwide calling by VoIP (for which you need their free VoIP software or some other VoIP-capable piece of hardware).

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 08-03-2010 at 23:30..