View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
kctopitz (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 11-03-2016, 20:09

Here's the reply from Mobal support. I've chosen to redact portions where they mention or push other Mobal products so I don't unwittingly make this thread into a mouthpiece for their marketing department.

Quote:
Thank you for your email

I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations, please see the below answers to the questions you asked.

1. In 2014 we launched a new [ -- redacted -- ] service, this service is a different type of service from the one that you purchased, this service offers different coverage, rates and also comes with a US and UK cell phone numbers. Our New service also has some countries which use a call back dialing method instead of direct dial, the older International service you have offers direct dialing in all countries covered. In regards to calling rates we have always encouraged current customers to check their rates through their MyAccount - for one simple reason, to ensure that they are looking at the correct rates for the service they have purchased - our rates have changed on occasion throughout the years.

I have also checked your Email address and your Emails address does not appear to be included in our Marketing lists, this would be due to you de-selecting this option when ordering (This is why you do not receive marketing information from us)

2. As our [ -- redacted: same service as above -- ] service is a completely new and separate service, we do not offer a free upgrade, this is a new product and not an upgrade to the existing product and therefore no promotion is offered. This new product is also sold for $9.00 including a free standard Fed-Ex shipment which is also a very low cost to the purchaser.

3. According to your account which you have had with us since 2007 you have never used our service for calls or data before so therefore I'm unable to agree with you here.

4. If you wish to use data we have launched a new [ -- redacted: different service -- ] (Which is a new product separate from all other products so therefore we are not offering it as a free upgrade) this SIM card gives you [ -- redacted: tries to sell me on different service -- ]

If you have anymore questions please do not hesitate to contact me back.

Kindest Regards
[ -- name redacted -- ]
Mobal Care Supervisor
My follow-up notes:

Regarding his comments on #3, I was the first to point out that I haven't used their service since purchasing the SIM, and did so in the 2nd sentence of the my letter. I find it remarkable that he knows if I had been issued a new SIM (with new rates), I wouldn't be using it. I guess he thinks I'd rather pay $4.50/MB with my Truphone SIM than $.39/MB. It's also needs to be pointed out that the old SIM doesn't even allow data (or if it does, the rate info for it isn't listed), so it's not like I could have ever used it.

Regarding his comments on #4, the fact that he answered my question "Why should I continue to do business with you?" with a sales pitch, says a lot.