View Single Post
Old
  (#244)
EveT (Offline)

Angry Orange SIM quit working for France - 06-09-2015, 18:29

I still don't understand what happened to me in France a couple of months ago (May 2015). After arriving in France from the USA, I bought a local SIM card from Boutique Orange in Paris. A couple of days later I ran out of data because (well, long story...) which generated a text message and an automated phone call in French from Orange saying my account was used up and I should provide my credit card number to top it up.
I stopped into another Orange shop and they redid my plan to unlimited calling and data. Calls within France and to the UK, web surfing, email etc. then worked just fine.
Then, 5 days later, I needed to make a call within France, and I suddenly got the identical recorded message from Boutique Orange in French saying my account was used up and they wanted my credit card number to top it up.
BUT I was still able to call an international toll-free number and also make calls to the UK.
How could it be that my Orange account was used up when (a) I supposedly had paid for an unlimited plan, and (b) I could still call outside France???
Does anyone have any explanation for this?