View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
squawk1200 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 24-04-2014, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Of course, one question is just how good of a backup either Telna or Piranha would be for each other. Not sure that there might not be a SPF there.
I'm not sure that debating the carrier is really the focus of the question. I do agree it is a good statement to make, but I am familiar with both companies sharing at least some infrastructure. The reason I mentioned them, is that in the past I have had handsets that had issues with their SIMs. I'm guessing it has to do with the multiple IMSIs or the callback feature... Not real sure. Just know that I've set folks off to South Africa with the Telna SIM only to find out it worked here in the US, but would not work in SA. Phone kept displaying generic error messages although it was locked on a carrier. It would even ring when terminating calls to it, but when they tried to answer all the handset would do is show the generic error message....

My US carrier and Mobal SIMs have never had any issues with any SIM capable handset I put those SIMs into...

Hence the question about what hardware others have had success with Telna/ Piranha.