View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-01-2006, 09:44

My brother knows I'm the "phone maven" in the family and asked me to set him up with a phone to use in Argentina. Turns out he may be going there on business at least 2 or 3 times this year.
I went to the www.telestial.com web site and they sell the above SIM for $35US. It includes about $3US in credits. In addition you get a voucher w. which to had another $10US in air time. That means the SIM only cost about $17.
[I ordered it New Year's eve and it arrived the 2nd business day after the long weekend.]

How does one notify a moderator w. updated info on a product?

SIM is good for 8 months from first use - recharging adds 8 months fm. the date of recharge. The coverage map on GSM world only shows coverage in Buenos Aires. Coverage on the Personal web site (which you can get to simply by clicking on the picture of the card here) shows fairly wide spread coverage. The system operates on both 850 and 1900 depending on location.
Cost seems to be (in U.S.) 33/26? peak/off peak to call back to U.S. - VERY reasonable. Peak calls w. in the country are about the same! - 29?.

I ordered this in advance so he can give his office and the people he will be seeing his number before he gets there. Since he won't be there until Feb., I won't be able to report back on coverage and quality. He will be using a virtually new Moto V188 quad band i was keeping on hand as a back up. (He uses Verizon here, which is why he didn't have a GSM phone.)

I wonder if Personal recently bought up or combined w. another company since the coverage map on Telestial's site also shows only the same limited coverage as GSMworld. The sales person at Telestial said this was a new product for them and they hadn't updated the site.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.