View Single Post
Old
  (#15)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-08-2013, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK View Post
Yes, they should lower the min recharge requirement to 10$. On the other hand, even if you don't recharge it, the onesimcard stays active for 2 years. And it still accepts incoming calls for free in 154 countries with 0 credit (many other international SIMs cut the service when credit runs out, this can be bothersome if you are in the middle of a call, on the move). Imagine yourself in trouble in an urgent situation in a foreign country. This is top notch service IMHO.

If credit expiry is an issue, Travelsim is the same thing (same backend), also active for 2 years after the last recharge, but the credit doesn't expire. The SIM itself is more expensive to purchase though, and Travelsim doesn't have free email-to-SMS.
airbalticcard (travelsim backend) does NOT expire both the credit+number for 2years of last usage (not recharge!)... onesimcard expire the credit after of just 10months of the last recharge! they also require the ridicilus amount of $25 for minimum recharge

plus airbalticcard offer free uk mobile number prefix +4475207xxxx ,just eur.0,15per call (not per minute) surcharge when receive calls through this uk number.
plus they charge per second for EU-EU calls...onesimcard+xxsim charge EU-EU calls per minute..
also airbalticcard charge data within EU per just 1kb per data session...

all these years i have used all availiable travelsim backend simcards , for EU travellers airbalticcard is much better than both onesimcard & xxsim, but i still prefer Piranha-mobile even for EU roaming. my 2nd backup choice is Mysims2go http://www.mysims2go.com/tariffcalcu...iid=23&lang=en , very cheap and stable http://www.mysims2go.com/document.aspx?iid=1060&lang=en plus they now offer direct through calls (not callback!)

Last edited by fsotirop; 12-08-2013 at 11:51..