View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
robert25 (Offline)

Default Mobile broadband in Sardinia - 14-08-2009, 11:16

I have been using a '3' pay as you go modem with my Apple laptop in Pula in the south of Sardinia for the past 3 years. Although it was sometimes difficult to get a connection it worked well. I used to buy a one month £15 top up before I arrived and it would last for a couple of weeks. I was uploading and downloading graphic files and emails for my business.

However, earlier this year '3' changed their service "to bring them into line with other service providers". It now charges on a 'roaming' basis when the modem is used abroad.

In August I bought my top up as usual. I downloaded a couple of files and sent and received some emails. Then the connection dropped. I could not re connect because my '3' account had no money in it even though I had all of my £15 credit. I called '3' and they suggested I put £10 to sit on my account. I did this and after a few minutes of use it had gone.

I am now trying to find an economic way of using broadband while I am in Sardinia. From what I can understand, I will now need to buy a modem and top ups in Sardinia.

Does anyone have any information on which is the best service provider to go with? It looks as though Vodafone has good coverage. It is just the hassle of getting it sorted out in Sardinia.