View Single Post
Old
  (#29)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-02-2009, 18:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531 View Post
...don't they get a piece of the termination fees when I receive?
Termination fees to Jersey Telecom's GSM-network are £ 0,08008 (day), £ 0,04368 (night) and £ 0,02968 (weekend). In Euros, which I suppose is the most important currency in terms of roaming-expenses for UM, this is € 0,034 / 0,05 / 0,09 per minute. If you consider, that JT surely keeps part of the termination income to cover the costs for their very own network, do you believe the remain is enough to terminate a call in a roaming network? I'm convinced UM lost money with every incoming call terminated outside of Jersey and despite of the recently introduced connection fee they still do if the call lasts a bit longer.
The main problem of all those roaming discounters is, that there are too few potential customers and the regulation of roaming tariffs by the EU has reduced their number. With the further decline of voice roaming tariffs in the EU and the new caps for data roaming tariffs including SMS they are successively becoming less attractive. All in all I think the whole roaming discount segment will disappear sooner or later.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com